Sunday 16 August 2015

Dear Far Away Friend

Dear far away friend,

I miss you. That is an understatement. I miss walking down the street or across the hall to knock on your door. I miss having in depth discussions with you and praying with you. I miss talking about your hometown, and praying for your friends there. I miss your wise advice and your seemingly insatiable curiosity for God's word. O how much you taught me...

I wish I could talk with you freely and not fear contacting you in case it endangered you. I wish I could tell you of what God has done in my life this past year, both the pitfalls and joys. I wish I could hear what God has been doing in your life, but am grateful I get a small snippets here and there through different people. I wish I could encourage you and tell you I pray fervently for you. Or that I keep reminders to pray on my dresser and on my keys. That I have told my children all about you and that I will continue to tell them the amazing things God is doing through you. I wish I could come alongside you and mourn with you during your intense suffering, and hug you tightly. I wish I could encourage you through scriptures, and if I failed, through sitting by you in loving silence while you spoke or cried. I wish I could hear you speak.

I wish and miss often concerning you. But I continue to recall the joyous answer we told each other when we were going down the different paths God was sending us on: how joyous will our reunion be in heaven, dear one! Oh I long for Christ to come, for your suffering to be over, and for us to worship Him once more together in His temple. I still learn from you, from your spiritual strength, your immense desire for His word, and from your steadfast love for your steadfast loving Savior.

I hope the vast world of the digital age can make this find a way to you. I still love you, my sister in Christ. The love David had for Jonathan. And I ache for Christ's coming that you may be released from your trials and rejoicing and exalting His name with me in heaven.

With love in Christ
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment